Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Walking Alongside Them - Video Blog #3

There are few images of Haiti that haunt me more than the body of a small child laying in the remains of what used to be an orphanage for disabled children. I still see her in my dreams. I could have literally reached out and touched her, removed her from her temporary tomb. Why hadn't somebody done that? Why was she just left there, like many others, to be a gruesome display of tragedy's indiscriminate toll? 

Below is the third video in our series from Haiti. The camera briefly shows part of the scene I described in my blog entry, We Walked with Authority. This is where I encountered the little girl who I now can't get out of my mind.


But the video is one of hope also, and speaks of the dozens of Haitian churches being visited, as well as our desire to partner US churches with them . . . for the sake of many little girls who did indeed make it out, but without their parents.

*** WARNING: Graphic content. Some viewers may find some of the images disturbing or upsetting. ***


Walking Alongside Them - Haiti Video Blog #3 from World Orphans on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment