Monday, February 22, 2010

Blog Posts from The Team

Paul Myhill, World Orphans

Inside the Rubble and Outside the Doors - I walked the perimeter of Rood's apartment building and came across a lone girl in pink and braids who stood in front of the remains of another portico. A metal grated door was heavily-bowed out as the mass of the second story had crashed down upon it. Nine year-old Valentina pointed at the door and quietly said "famille." Read more.

Aftershock -  I was awoken early this morning by the whole house shaking and a deep low rumble that sounded as if the underworld was growling. Read more.

David Leventhal, Hope for Orphans

There was no light in his eyes - When I got out of the vehicle I was immediately drawn to one little boy with a dusty button down shirt that was missing the middle button.  I went over and knelt down to get eye to eye with him.  In the best French I could muster I told him my name was David. My heart broke when he finally looked me directly in the eye.  There was nothing there – no spark….no light. Read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment