Sunday, February 21, 2010

More Blog Posts from the Team

David Leventhal, Hope for Orphans
The gospel is the foundation of orphan care… - As I worked through my thoughts & reflected on a couple of passages I realize the best place to start & finish was at the very cornerstone of all we believe.  I distilled it down into two main points: The gospel is the basis for WHY we care for orphans and the gospel is the model for HOW we care for orphans. Read more.

Haiti Update: Visiting HCRM Orphanage & GAiN - HCRM was designed to care for about 50 kids and right now they’ve got well over 100.  As is the case in nearly every orphanage functioning over capacity  the conditions there are really bad & basic necessities are lacking. Read more.


Paul Myhill, World Orphans

Broken - There are many shattered things in this struggling country. But the broken things are dealing with much instability and pain also. God uses brokenness. He'll use it to draw Haiti closer to Him. Read more.

The Winds Blew and the Ground Shook - Davidson was out playing with friends when his house came down on his mommy and daddy. A sad, quiet boy, he appears to still be in a state of shellshock. I got his story while standing in the dividing space between the church and a house next door, a house that had collapsed in at multiple angles. As I looked past Davidson's downcast eyes, I could see the crushed master bedroom behind him and imagined his parents in a similar room as the walls and ceiling quickly closed in. Read more.

The Weight Upon Them - In the eye of such power and such volumes of flying, grinding concrete, you can't choose between running and finding your loved ones.You don't have time to make such painful choices. Survivor's guilt is another part of the pain that endures here. Read more.

Jen Gash, Sweet Sleep

photos and thoughts from haiti - I passed a group of Haitians this morning dressed in white walking down the street singing praises and thanking God. Hands down the most moving thing I've ever seen. Read more.

Some perspective.... - I recently received a message from someone saying they were glad I was here in Haiti. Their next sentence was, "Is it really as bad as the news makes it look?" I replied back that it wasn't as bad as the news is making it. It's worse. Read more.

Friday update -  We divided into three teams today to meet with pastors in differenet regions whose churches were involved in caring for orphans before last month's earthquake. I'll just share a little of that experience with you.... Read more.

Scott Vair, World Orphans

All I could do is weep, and pray - I sat in an orphanage built for 48 that now has over 120 children as those that are uncared for as a result of this earthquake continue to seek shelter. Read more.

Being Away - His wife and children, however, were here. He had no way of knowing if they were dead or alive. Read more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment